Thursday, February 21, 2013

Family Weekend at the Cabin

It has probably been 15+ years since I have been at the Cabin in the winter.   Consequently, that means 15+ years since I've been on cross country skis, and BOY are they funny after a few winters on Alpines!    We had a great Presidents weekend, heading up on Thursday night with my mom and celebrating Valentines Day in the lovely Auburn.  Sunday we had a lazy Tahoe day followed by an early dinner at the West Shore Cafe with good wine, yummy food and awesome live music.  On Saturday we made the trek over to Silver Lake, loaded up our packs and skied the short trip into the cabin with our food, clothes and gear in tow.  Amazing how much shorter the trip in feels now that I am a bit older :) 

Sunday we skied out and headed over to Kirkwood for some family downhill.  I took my first two major diggers of the season - always nice to get those out of the way.  And then Jesse, Griffin and I embarked on a grand adventure and skied off the top of Kirkwood, down to silver lake.  Thank goodness I am getting more comfortable in mixed conditions, tree skiing etc.   Griffin was tickled we made it down, and much to our surprise and excitement, we ended up a very short ways from the cabin.  Not bad when you look at the pictures and think...how are we possibly going to get even close!?














No comments:

Post a Comment