Sunday, January 19, 2014

Welcome Cooper Eric Maddex!

WHERE have you been all our lives!?  Our little guy came two weeks early on January 5th, 2014 at 4:22pm weighing in at 7bs 4oz and 19 inches!  He's a little guy - 33rd percentile for weight / 24th for height and 13th for his head but he's growing bigger everyday.  

After our false alarm, we finally realized we needed to reset our expectations and refocus on the 21st.  There seemed to be no sign of any movement and while I felt "off", it was more just sick in general vs any distinguishable labor symptoms.  We went to our new friends house for cocktails on Saturday night, had pizza for dinner and went to bed.  One strange thing was that at 12:30am I still wasn't tired and I had been falling asleep most nights at 830.  I finished my book, got up to go to the bathroom and my water (very obviously this time!) broke.  I woke up Jesse and off we went!  

Despite not feeling any real symptoms, I had mentioned to Jesse on Saturday that I kind of thought the 5th could be his birthday.   Being a bit of a crazy numbers person, I though "we are both born on the 10th. The 5th is half of the 10th and this baby is one half of each of us".  I always liked our wedding anniversary because 10-20-12 had a similar connotation.  Two 10ths make a 20 in the year 1-becomes 2..  Of course as I explained alll this to Jesse, he looked at me like I was out of my mind.  But I think sometime the universe just works like that.   That, and I knew when I didn't blow dry my hair for the first time all week that of course that would be the day it would happen.  And sure enough, it was.  

We are madly in love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment