My first Mother's Day was this past weekend and it surpassed all expectations. I got to spend the day up in Sonoma with my boys and my moms (Donna was in town too). I was showered with very thoughtful gifts (a spa day from the boys!) and pampered all day long.
Mother's Day has always been a special day - a wonderful opportunity to make up for all the other times it goes unsaid and tell such an important person all the reasons you'd be lost without her. This year was no exception, but with such a special and immeasurable twist. It goes without saying that a first Mother's Day is amazing/special blah blah adjectives. But it feels almost like I've been let in on a secret that nobody tells you until that special day arrives. It's pretty incredible to be on the other side of a day I've celebrated my whole life and see it from a completely different perspective.
Yay for moms. And yay for Cooper for giving me the secret password to be let into the club.
(a few pics from Saturday of Mother's Day weekend. Sadly, I was having too much fun on Sunday to even snap one picture)
No comments:
Post a Comment