Boy oh boy did we have a great trip to Jackson Hole. The sad state of Tahoe forced us to look outside our home mountains for some snow, and Jackson Hole seemed like the perfect spot. We split our time - first 4 days we spent at the Teton Mountain Lodge and Spa, in a fabulous corner suite, at the base of the mountain. Jesse got to ski with his uncle. I got to hit the spa twice. Cooper had a HUGE suite to run around in, complete with an outdoor deck just perfect for yelling to the village. In hindsight, I think we wished we'd stayed there the entire time because it really could not have been more perfect, but after our time there we moved into town to stay at the Rustic Inn. We had a cabin right on the Snake River that was very charming and beautiful scenery.
Because our boy is still so good at sleeping in his stroller, Jesse and I enjoyed the luxury of 3 nights out to dinner which was perfectly dreamy. Felt like a real date.
Jesse skied 4 days and I skied two. At first I was hesitant about utilizing the mountain day care, feeling protective of my time with Cooper. One day while Jesse was skiing, we went and checked it out. Cooper jumped out of my arms and immediately started playing with all the toys and other kids. He screamed when I tried to pull him out of there. I knew right then I'd be doing him a disservice if I didn't let him play there at least one day! In the end, we did two and I got to ski with Jesse on some amazing demo skis, feeling like no time had passed since I last was on the hill. Awesome conditions, great terrain. And Cooper got to ride the gondola with the rest of the kids and play in the snow at the top of the mountain. A win win for everyone.
After our December and January, we needed this trip. More than we even knew. It was relaxing and heavenly and slow paced and full of fresh air.
The tunnel from the Corwins provided endless entertainment
No comments:
Post a Comment