Watch out bloggersphere, we're joining the party! I use "we" loosely as I am quite certain this will primarily be a solo mission but nonetheless, this is the new blog of the (future) Maddex family. Hello! Ehem. Um. Gosh. This is hard.
So, where to begin? Well, I love blogs. Reading blogs that is. Specifically, the blogs of all of my friends (and a few choice strangers...come on, we all do it.). I always planned to have a blog. Someday. But given the child-centric nature of most blogs and an expected lack of crowd interest in my public journal, I thought I had a ways to wait. Well a few weeks ago I was thinking about, well just about life and the last 10 years. And I thought about going through my old college picture albums and reminiscing through my high school journals. I smiled, and then it hit me. My diligence in creating photo albums has waned dramatically in the digital revolution. I've stopped chronicalling important moments in anything other than a mass email or a facebook post. I started to panic and thought... HOW WILL I REMEMBER MY LIFE!?
(dramatic pause)
So here we are. Taking memories into the cloud. Fireproofing the photo albums. Chronicling the important and not so important details that make up our lives for future preservation.
I promise to try to keep the drama to a minimum moving forward.
I promise to try to keep the drama to a minimum moving forward.
Bookmarked! I look forward to future posts!!
ReplyDelete