For as slowly as time moved in the first trimester, the second really flew by in a flash. I thoroughly enjoyed the second trimester (particularly as compared to the first!). My level of anxiety dropped dramatically - I am no longer counting the days until my next doctors appointment or worrying about every little thing. It has been the most amazing experience of my life to feel this little guy move in my belly and with each week comes stronger and more constant movement. Jesse is able to sit with me in the evenings and feel all sorts of kicking and wiggling which has been so incredible to share with him. Sometimes he literally feels like he's rocking and rolling in there - likely practicing the Russian so that he can do his dad proud right off the bat. And, it has been really fun to "look" a bit more pregnant. Even though I expected I'd receive more attention than normal, I've been shocked at how friendly and complimentary everyone has been, from the checker at Whole Foods to a stranger in the elevator. Feels like the whole world is wishing us well and that is a lovely and pretty rare feeling.
Still craving sweets but not as much as before. I've had a few gestational diabetes scares but all seems to be fine and well under the limits of diagnosis. Sleeping is getting easier as I get used to sleeping on my side / with a big pillow surrounding me. I'm JUST now starting to feel the extra weight as I walk around, work out, climb stairs and try to get up off the couch. My hair is NOT thick, it's quite the opposite in fact but hey, if that is the only thing I have to complain about, I'm in good shape.
I said to a coworker that I've loved being pregnant, and was quickly reminded that I haven't hit the hardest part yet. As the third trimester starts tomorrow, I'm sure I'm in for the toughest few weeks but so far, I've loved every minute of this little guy growing inside me and can't wait to meet our little bug.
No comments:
Post a Comment