Monday, March 24, 2014

Hawaii - many firsts for Cooper!

We just got back from a fantastic trip to Hawaii.  Cooper was an absolute champ on the flights - on the way out we actually had a seat for him which was a dream.  He ate, slept for 3.5 hours, ate, and we landed.  On the return flight, he was on our laps and while there was a bit more noise, he still was incredibly well behaved for being 11 weeks old!   A new expression that came out a lot during this trip was one of being TOTALLY freaked out.  All through the airport on the way to the flight, his eyes were as big as saucers, locked on me.  This happened again in the elevators at the hotel and a few other places.  Clearly he is becoming more aware of his surroundings.

We felt like we had a whole new kid this week.  He took a 3 hour nap every morning (in his car seat!) allowing us to enjoy some quiet time at the beach.   And every night, he'd fall asleep in his stroller for 4 hours allowing us to have lovely adult dinners with friends (and a special date night too!).  We even were so brave as to leave him in the Keiki club (sound asleep the entire time) while we enjoyed the last night with the Salesforce crew and a private concert by Eddie Vedder.

All in all it was a TERRIFIC trip and we can't wait to take this kid to the next spot!!
First flight!!


Posing for family photos wasn't something he signed up for




The daily stroll to put Sir Cooper to sleep so the parents could read and relax!

Snuggles with dad



First dip in the ocean wasn't super successful.  But it did get better.

And kisses from dad made it all better

Mom thought I looked PRETTY cute in my preppy island wear

So I really hammed it up for the camera

The pool wasn't that enjoyable either.  

But mom's swim teacher skills came back real quick


Sunset pics


Dad got artsy with the camera

I didn't love my sunglasses.

But I  did LOVE bathtime at the hotel!!

Check me out!

mom selfie


Getting the hang of island life



Not SO sure about the ocean...

But I do like visiting friends at the Four Seasons

I had so much fun, I even let mom and dad have a date night

No comments:

Post a Comment