Monday, November 25, 2013

57 Days and Counting...

We have officially (tomorrow) hit the 8 month mark, which leaves us with 57 days to go.  For as SLOW as the first 20 weeks went, it is amazing how quickly the last 12 have flown by.  It's all going to go quick.

Despite  many of my friends trying to get me to say otherwise, I still just love being pregnant.  Of course there are parts that are annoying, inconvenient, boring, uncomfortable etc.   I'm getting bigger by the week, my cheeks are chubby, sleep is minimal and I'd kill for a real deli sandwich, but my overall feeling throughout this whole process has been amazement, excitement and gratitude that I get to experience this.    I know it only gets tougher from here but I hope I can hold onto these feelings until the end.  I can't believe I get to be the lucky one to carry this little boy into the world! 

As the days tick by, everything becomes more and more real.  Jesse and I took our baby class on Saturday which was of course informative and necessary, but also incredibly painful and uncomfortable - talk about being out of your comfort zone.  It was a little too touchy feely for me in the beginning but the overall content was good.  We both got a little teary throughout the day and definitely walked out of there feeling beyond excited that our little guy is coming in just 8 short weeks. 

We spent all day Sunday continuing to get the house in order.  Now, every little touch we add makes it feel that much more like home.  We've started setting up the nursery and I'm thrilled with how it is turning out so far.  More pictures to come.





No comments:

Post a Comment