Thursday, December 19, 2013

35 Week Update

Well, we've officially hit 35 weeks.  It's amazing to be here - in just 5 short weeks (or less...or maybe a bit more) we will meet our son.  35 weeks seemed SO far away and now that it is upon us, I keep having these moments of  "I'm not ready!!  I need more time!".  But we are ready - we have the nursery semi-put-together.  We have everything we were told to buy.   We'll spend the next few weeks continuing to get organized, just in time for our lives to be turned upside down.

At our doctors appt on Wednesday she confirmed AGAIN that this baby is measuring big.  My fundal height measured at 36 or 37 and she predicts an 8lb baby.  Both Jesse and I were in the mid-7lbs and she assured me this guy would "beat our average".  Yowza.  No dialation yet and I don't feel like he has dropped at all.  I definitely feel very big and even the smallest tasks are a feat.  Lower back pain has set in and my right "trick hip" is definitely acting up.  I can't run around and ignore it like I could even just a week or two ago.  Besides not sleeping and some hip pain, I don't have any swelling or heartburn or any of the other traditional symptoms.  He seems to feel really cozy up under my right ribs and we have an ongoing dialogue daily about moving down for mama, just a little.  But I can't complain.  As much as I am ready to be done being pregnant, I already know how much I'm going to miss feeling him in my belly all the time.    Soaking up these last few weeks of this rare and short lived connection and waiting to meet Mr. Maddex-boy.

Adding this week's belly pic to a look back over the last few months.  Amazing how "big" I felt at 19w... I had no idea what was coming!

This first picture was at Carla's wedding at 8 weeks pregnant.  I took this picture to send to Jesse saying "oh my gosh, it is SO obvious".  Uh.... not so much.

8 Weeks (and I thought it was SO obvious)

Add caption

















No comments:

Post a Comment