Tomorrow marks 37 weeks and today provided us with the final kick in the pants needed to get the last remaining pieces together and ready for Herr Maddex to arrive. After my doctors appointment on Friday, she thought I was only about 30% effaced and 1 centimeter dilated. Sunday morning, I felt...different. Crampy and just feeling like things were changing. I was up part of the night, fairly uncomfortable and at about 4am I was jolted out of my sleep with a strange gush... did my water break??? I contemplated this for a few minutes, woke up Jesse and we decided to call the dr. I tested positive for the B Strep test so I knew we needed to call with any signs of labor. The nurse on call took our information and said we needed to come in. So, we had our first 4am scramble! No bags were packed, the car seat was not installed. Basically we thought we had 3 weeks to finish all this stuff up! We scrambled it all together and headed over to CPMC to get checked out. It was a fairly surreal drive... The doctor did an exam and determined that unless it was a high leak, it was likely not my water breaking but wanted me to watch it all day and come right back if I felt like this was the wrong diagnosis. She did however say that things were moving along and she would be very surprised if we made it to our due date. After the dr left, the nurse said that based on what she'd seen, she'd be shocked if we weren't back in there by the weekend. So.... the race is on! We spent the day at home lying low and finally finishing what we needed to get done - laundry is done, bags are packed, car seat is installed, Christmas decorations are down and my legs are crossed until at least Wednesday :) Not sure I have my head wrapped around a December baby!!
A few pics of the almost finished nursery - still need to hang a few things and have the glider delivered but as far as Mr. Maddex is concerned, we're ready.... ish.
No comments:
Post a Comment