Friday, December 13, 2013

Giving Thanks


Thanksgiving has always been my most favorite holiday.  The tradition of it.  The family togetherness.  The day of football and cooking and feeling grateful for our lives and a house full of loved ones.  This year was no exception.  The traditions have changed a bit since losing Nana but we still go to Santa Cruz and we still head down to the Lodge for the day after Thanksgiving.  We missed the Maddex clan and I am very aware that as much as I love my traditions, that is as much as Jesse must miss his.   I know he wishes we lived closer to his family as he misses them so much.  As our lives continue to evolve and grow, I know these traditions will continue to change and become traditions between the two of us but at least this past year, Thanksgiving was for me as it has ever been.  For that, I am grateful.  

And we managed to get a slightly less awkward Christmas card attempt documented.

Meeting baby Jackson Sorenson



Annual Sunday brunch at the Beach Club



















No comments:

Post a Comment