Friday, June 6, 2014

5 Months Old

And a total wild man.  The best word I can use to describe Cooper these days is BUSY.    It feels as though he is learning new things at an hourly rate - he is so curious about his surroundings, intensely studying everything around him from people to objects to toys to how things move and the way things work.  It's like I can actually see his brain expanding. 

Over the last month Cooper has:

--Developed a milk & soy allergy.  Or I should say, we discovered that he has a dairy/soy allergy.  Poor little kid has likely been battling that all along, and as soon as enough time passed and it was all cleared from his system, we noticed a pretty significant change in level of happiness and his overall disposition.  Hard to say whether that is just his age or that he was truly uncomfortable for 15 weeks but either way, we have a VERY happy boy.  Makes us happy to see him so happy.

--Taken to smiling and laughing at all times.  He has this darling habit of staring at you with a serious expression and then in a split second,  opening his mouth wide and smiling with his whole face.   It's to die for.

--Started cuddling and snuggling.  A lot.  Heaven.

--Become a pacifier junky.  He loves it.  It helps him go to sleep.  It helps him relax.  It keeps him quiet.  It allows him to enjoy the cuddling mentioned above.   We aren't complaining, though talk to us in a few months on this one.

--Started showing athletic tendencies!  OK, this one may just be wishful thinking on his father's part, but man is this kid active.  His legs are incredibly strong and he loves to stand and jump and bounce whenever he can.  

--Rolled over.  Now, this one took us a while.  And I still wouldn't say we are rolling all over town.  But we definitely have front to back mastered, back to front completed and the repetitive roll is in the works.  Time for some childproofing...

--Discovered playing.  He loves his soft blocks, crinkle books, beads of any kind, hanging toys, rattles etc.  It is so much fun.

He also rides in his big kid stroller, sits in the lobster chair and takes naps in his crib (mostly).  Sleeping is still going well with a bedtime sometime in the 7pm hour and a wake up anywhere from 5-7am.  We cannot complain.

We think he weighs around 16.5lbs.

A few pictures to catch you up on what we've been doing lately!

Swim Lessons with my buddy Eamon


We were so happy to see each other after a few days apart!
  
Park Date with my girl, Grey.

Who doesn't love a good baby novelty tee??

Watch out 94123...I'm coming for you.
I'm really getting to like my crib.  Kinda.  Well I pretend.  Ok I tolerate it.

Hayden Exmeyer is SO cool.  He's going to show me all his tricks someday.  I know it.
He's my hero, after all.

My peeps, Eamon and Lucy

That Lucy is a looker!
Is there any better way to spend a Saturday afternoon??

I'm either off to Jane Farrell's baptism, or the Young Republican Convention
Love my new chair!!

I believe I have become TOO busy for the swing. 

I clean up well, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment